Good mate L. Mock made this GIF out of footage from last Friday's climbing effort at Heathcliff in Blue Mountains. It's a pretty accurate distillation.
We're so lucky to live as Sydney-siders, to have such magnificently epic multi-pitch climbing only 100km as the crow flies from our doorstep. Just don't expect to get home anytime before nightfall.
WHAT THE GIF DOESN'T SHOW:
-Wake up early (but 30 mins later than planned)
- 2.5 hours driving to Blue Mountains in peak hour traffic
- Coffee stop at Katoomba
- 45 min bush whack to base of Heathcliff
- Three-legged break dance behind a rock to get rid of coffee gut (optional)
- 1 hour heavy bush bash after getting lost on the way back to car
- 2 hours driving home in more traffic
Also, Google Maps have totally created a false economy with their ridiculous travel time estimates (1h 25m from Central Station to Katoomba...are you freakin' kidding me??).
But despite all that, the biggest reason for coming home late every time you go to the Blueys is that you were just having too much damn fun climbing.
|"My name is Laurie Mock, I like rock climbing!"|